An electric fence is a barrier that uses electric shocks to deter people or animals from crossing a boundary. The voltage of the shock may have effects ranging from uncomfortable, to painful or even lethal
Uses and Benefits of Electric Fences
Animal control is perhaps the most widely recognised reason for electric fencing. Not only does electric fencing keep domestic animals or livestock contained, it has various other important uses, including:
- Deterrent to trespassers and predators.
- Keeping wild animals and vermin out
- Separating different groups of animals
- Allowing rationing of crops and pasture
- Fencing animals off from eroding areas, trees, rivers and roads
Electric fencing has revolutionised property management techniques in Nigeria and better property management means loss reduction.
Other key benefits of electric fencing:
- Affordable( ours is solar powered)
- Easily constructed and maintained
- Durable, because of low physical contact
- Light weight and easily transported
- Easily modified
- Less animal hide and pelt damage